Wednesday 28 March 2012

Chloe Moretz as Carrie



Its official that Chloe Moretz had been offered the role of the awkward Carrie.Kimberly Pierce who directed Boys Dont Cry is slated to direct the film while Julianne Moore or Jodie Foster are in negotiations as the role of the Carrie's religious mom.

Yes,its another remake and if you ask me classics like Carrie shouldn't be remade.But names like Moretz and Kimberly Pierce makes me want to give it a chance.The director said this Carrie will be more faithful to the novel compared to previous film




As for Moretz,I'm happy that she got the role.She is no stranger in playing a dark role which requires more maturity than her actual age.We saw that in film like Let Me In ,Kick Ass, 500 Days of Summer.She is one talented actress and I'm pretty sure that she would portray the role well.The only thing that bugs me now is that Chloe Moretz is actually too pretty to play Carrie.So I hope the make-up team would make Moretz less pretty for instance bleaching her eye brows(it worked for Lisbeth Salander)

I do hope Jodie Foster gets role of Carries mom as she is a fine actress.Plus I feel Jodie could insert some strength in this role and make it different from the original film mom.

So what do you think about this remake? And Chloe Moretz as Carrie?

Meanwhile here is the trailer of  Hotel Translyvania with voices by Adam Sandler,Selena Gomez and my favourite Fran Drecher.

No comments: