Wednesday 13 February 2013

Perks of Being a Wallflower-deleted scenes(Candace Storyline)

I think I have made it clear enough my love for Steven Chobosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower.Its one of those rarest film that touches you and stays with you.

Today,I came across the deleted scenes  of the film that were removed in order to retain its PG 13 rating.These scenes are the storyline are involving Charlie and sister Candace which tackles the subject of teenage pregnancy and abortion.Its  so sad that they have to delete  these scenes as they were superb.
As I have mentioned in my review,the relationship  between Candace and Charlie is  one of the  beautiful sibling relationship I have stumbled upon in a movie or a novel.The chapter were Charlie accompanies Candace to the clinic  and covers her with a blanket after the abortion while picturing his sister when she was smaller with nothing to worry about.Its really touching.


I also included the alternate opening of the film.While I find the scene quite heavy,its  very realistic.


If you havent watch the film,PLEASE go and watch it.

1 comment:

Top Site for Divorce Lawyer Seattle Engle Law Group said...

While most films about teenage life tend to trade on a nifty hook, and sometimes even a plot, The Perks of Being a Wallflower chimes in as an unusually incisive, character-driven ramble through the inevitable awkwardness of teen life.